Bribery Act 2010
National Debt Help Ltd is committed to applying the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity in its business activities. Every employee and individual acting on National Debt Help Ltd 's behalf is responsible for maintaining our reputation and for conducting company business honestly and professionally.
National Debt Help Ltd take a zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption and are committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships wherever we operate.
National Debt Help Ltd requires all those who are associated with it to observe the highest standards of impartiality, integrity and objectivity.
National Debt Help Ltd prohibits anyone acting on its behalf from:
- bribing another person. A bribe includes the offering, promising or giving of any financial or other type of advantage;
- accepting a bribe. This includes requesting, agreeing to receive or accepting any financial, or another kind of advantage;
- bribing a foreign public official; and
- condoning the offering or acceptance of bribes.
National Debt Help Ltd will:
- avoid doing business with others who do not accept our values and who may harm our reputation;
- maintain processes, procedures and records that limit the risk of direct or indirect bribery;
- promote awareness of this policy amongst its staff, those acting on its behalf and entities with which it has any commercial dealings;
- investigate all instances of alleged bribery, and will assist the police, and other authorities when appropriate, in any resultant prosecutions. In addition, disciplinary action will be considered against individual members of staff;
- review this policy regularly and update it when necessary.